Can a foreign partner reside with a South African if they are currently working?

In order for the foreign partner of a South African citizen or permanent residency holder to reside and work or be employed within South Africa, the correct endorsement will have to be obtained before this can be done.
If the foreigner partner does not have this work endorsement, and only the initial life-partner visa, this person is not visated to work in South Africa, but only to reside within the country.