Can I take up employment in South Africa, if my spouse/partner is already working on a valid South African work visa?

If a foreigner’s spouse or life-partner is working in South Africa on a valid work visa, you may directly apply for temporary residence based on “accompanying spouse/life-partner”. This visa only allows the holder to reside in South Africa with his/her spouse or life-partner. If the foreign spouse or life-partner wishes to take up employment, they will require your own individual work Visa.