Do foreigners require Study visa in order to study in South Africa?

In South Africa, we pride ourselves on having a great number of educational institutions and learning facilities within the country.

In order for a foreigner, from legal age of six years old, to study – a study visa is to be obtained.  Study visas are issued by the Department to foreigners who have been accepted provincially to a Registered South African educational institution.

With this visa, the student is able to conduct work for up to 20 hours a week.