I am residing in South Africa on a Spousal temporary residence visa, can I conduct work with this visa?

A Spousal temporary residence visa that is valid for residing in South Africa only, may not visa the holder to work.  A work endorsement may be applied for (if South African employment has been offered to the holder); thereafter, once receiving the Spousal visa with the endorsement, work can be conducted in South Africa legally by the foreign spouse.