My foreign company wants me to work for their South African daughter company; do I need a South African work visa although I am getting paid abroad?

A foreigner who is being relocated from a branch in the country of origin to a sister branch, subsidiary or affiliate in South Africa (and being remunerated by the company abroad) will require an Intra-Company Transfer work visa.

The holders of these visas are seen as a temporary recruitment options for the employer by the Department of Home Affairs; therefore, these visas will only be issued for a maximum period of 2 years.